Hypnobirthing is nothing to do with trances, pendulum swinging or being ‘out of it’. Hypnobirthing is a complete antenatal preparation which is based solidly in science and in logic. Hypnobirthing teaches you how to release your fears and preconceptions surrounding birth, to allow your labour and birth to progress smoothly and gently. On a hypnobirthing course you learn:
- How birth works, the physiological process your body goes through to give birth to your baby;
- How to navigate your way through the healthcare system you are immersed in when expecting a baby;
- Your options for interventions and how to properly assess the risks and benefits of those;
- How to still have a positive experience even if your labour deviates from ‘the norm’
- How to engage your subconscious mind, relax your body and allow it to do what it was designed to do;
- How significant the role of a birth partner is and how to work together to ensure you are fully supported in labour and birth.
Taking a hypnobirthing course is invaluable for all mothers, whether you are a first-time mums who has never been in this position before and are keen to learn about how you can prepare for birth, or a second/third/fourth time mum who has had a bad experience previously and wants to take back the responsibility for their child’s birth. It can make a difference to you no matter whether you dream of a home birth, birth in a birthing unit, a caesarean birth, you will be fully informed of the risks and benefits of each scenario and how to manage your options and make informed choices.
It really is a wonderful way to receive a full education in how to prepare for birth and will leave you feeling excited, confident and raring to go!